Full-time PhD research student of IMS
Research area: Modelling the Quality of Water in an Embayment in the
Patos Lagoon, Brazil
- Design, project
management, and execution of estuarine/coastal oceanographic and marine
- Analysis and interpretation of oceanographic and water
quality survey data;
- Collation and presentation of oceanographic and
environmental datasets using CAD and GIS software;
- Environmental impact assessment;
- Technical appraisal of coastal schemes for the collection,
treatment and disposal of waste water;
- Working knowledge of UK and EC legislation relating to
tidal waters and discharge control;
- Design and implementation of oceanographic/environmental
data and report libraries using database and GIS software;
- Verification and development of a hydrodynamic particle
- Part–time research
studentship :‘Oceanographic Studies and Mathematical Modelling of the
Tukangbesi Islands, Indonesia’, IMS, Plymouth University, 2000-2001.
- P.G.C.E Primary Teaching, College of St. Mark and St. John,
Plymouth, 1990 - 1991.
- BSc. Oceanography with Meteorology and Geology, Plymouth
University, 1985 - 1989.
- A Levels – Biology, Chemistry, Pure Mathematics with
Statistics, Kingston College of Further Education, 1983-1985.
- Scientific Officer
Tidal Water Quality, Environment Agency, Exeter, 1999-2001.
- Self-Employed Marine Scientist, 1996-1999.
- Marine Scientist, Southern Science Ltd, Southampton,
- Marine Scientist, Wimpey Environmental Ltd, Plymouth,
Further technical & professional
- R.Y.A/DoT Small Craft
Basic Sea Survival, Salcombe, 2001.
- R.Y.A Short Range Maritime Radio Operator, Plymouth, 2001.
- 5 day Urban Pollution Management, WrC, Swindon, 2001.
- Introduction to Microsoft Access, Exeter, 2000.
- R.Y.A Level 2 Power Boat, Plymouth Sailing School, 2000.
- Introduction to ArcView GIS, ESRI, Exeter, 1999.
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver, Indonesia, 1999.
- R.Y.A Coastal Skipper, Plymouth Sailing School, 1998.
- R.Y.A Diesel Engine Maintenance, Southampton, 1996.
- 2 day Offshore Sea Survival, Southampton, 1995.