Dr Max Frenzel
I completed my PhD research in 2006 (PhD abstract). I initially worked in the Marine Environmental Technology Department, Materials and Chemistry Division of SINTEF in Trondheim, Norway and I currently work at Oil Plus Ltd..
- Frenzel, M., Scarlett A., Rowland, S.J., Galloway T.S., Burton, S.K., Lappin-Scott, H.M. and Booth A.M. (2010) Complications with remediation strategies involving the biodegradation and detoxification of recalcitrant contaminant aromatic hydrocarbons. Science of the Total Environment 408, 4093-4101. [doi: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2010.04.042].
- Frenzel, M., James, P., Burton, S.K., Rowland, S.J. and Lappin-Scott, H.M. (2009) Towards bioremediation of toxic unresolved complex mixtures of hydrocarbons: identification of bacteria capable of rapid degradation of alkyltetralins. Journal of Soils & Sediments 9, 129-136. [doi: 10.1007/s11368-009-0070-4].
- 162nd Meeting of the Society for General Microbiology, Edinburgh, U.K., 231 March-3 April 2008. Poster presentation: "Biodegradation of Resistant Oil Fractions".
- 23rd International Meeting on Organic Geochemistry, Torquay, U.K., 9-14 September 2007. Oral presentation: "Bioremediation of 'The Hump': Assessment of the Biodegradation of a Toxic Aromatic Hydrocarbon Unresolved Complex Mixture (UCM) and Measurement of Remaining Toxicity".
- 160th Meeting of the Society for General Microbiology, Manchester, U.K., 26-29 March 2007. Poster presentation: "Microbial Toxicity and Degradation of a Monoaromatic Crude Oil Fraction".
- 160th Meeting of the Society for General Microbiology, Manchester, U.K., 26-29 March 2007. Poster presentation (colleague): "Comparison of Bacterial Communities Degrading Specific Toxic Oil Fractions".
- 11th International Symposium on Microbial Ecology (ISME-11), Vienna, Austria, 20-25 August 2006. Oral presentation (colleague): "The Acid Test: Can we Clean Up 'Dirty' Oil?".
- 11th International Symposium on Microbial Ecology (ISME-11), Vienna, Austria, 20-25 August 2006. Poster presentation: "Overcoming the Hump: Biodegradation of Recalcitrant Oily Wastes".
- 158th Meeting of the Society for General Microbiology, Warwick, U.K., 3–6 April 2006. Poster presentation: "Biodegradation of Undefined Complex Mixtures".