I graduated in chemical engineering at the National Graduate School of Chemistry, Biology and Physics of Bordeaux (France) in 2010. I also completed a Master of Research in environmental chemistry at the University of Bordeaux which led to a first research project on the photodegradation of phamaceuticals in the EPOC-LPTC aboratory, with Professor Patrick Mazellier and Dr Hélène Budzinski.
My PhD (2010-2013; Étude de l'impact des effluents urbains sur la qualité des eaux de la Garonne estuarienne : application aux composés pharmaceutiques et aux filtres UV), carried out in this laboratory under the supervision of Dr Hélène Budzinski, focused on the occurrence and fate of pharmaceuticals and UV filters in wastewater systems and in the estuary of Gironde. Long-term monitoring of these hydrosystems as well as incubation experiments enabled a better understanding of pharmaceutical behaviours in the environment, such as persistence or hydrophobicity.
In 2014, I had the opportunity to undertake a short postdoc (4 months) at the Mediterranean Institute of Oceanography in Marseilles with Dr Richard Sempéré exploring the analytical challenge of the measurement of phthalate esters in aerosols and in seawater.
I am currently postdoctoral research fellow in the group since 2015 with Professor James Readman and Professor Steve Rowland. My research interests are in the development of novel analytical methods to assess the sources and fate of organic contaminants in the environment. I am particularly involved in the SEA-on-a-CHIP research project, a European Union funded project on the development of immunosensors for the real time analysis of contaminants in marine waters. I am also part of the NERC funded Trojan Horses project that looks at the potential interaction of manufactured nanoparticles with polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons.
- Yanan Di, Aminot, Y., Schroeder, D.C., Readman, J.W. and Jha, A.N. Integrated biological responses and tissue-specific expression of p53 and ras genes in marine mussels following exposure to benzo(α)pyrene and C60 fullerenes, either alone or in combination. Mutagenesis. (Submitted). .
- Aminot, Y., Le Menach, K., Pardon, P., Etcheber, H. and Budzinski, H. (2016) Inputs and seasonal removal of pharmaceuticals in the estuarine Garonne River. Marine Chemistry 185, 3-11 (special issue: 13th International Estuarine Biogeochemistry Symposium (IEBS) - Estuaries Under Anthropogenic Pressure). [doi: 10.1016/j.marchem.2016.05.010].
- Aminot, Y., Litrico, X., Chambolle, M., Arnaud, C., Pardon, P., Budzinski, H. (2015) Development and application of a multi-residue method for the determination of 53 pharmaceuticals in water, sediment, and suspended solids using liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry 407, 8585-8604. [doi: 10.1007/s00216-015-9017-3].
- SETAC Europe 26th Annual Meeting, Nantes, France, 22-26 May 2016. Oral presentation: "Vertical Distribution of Organic Contaminants in Harbour Waters Assessed by Passive Sampling".
- 2nd SEA-on-a-CHIP Progress Workshop: Monitoring for a Sustainable Management of Marine Resources, Ferrara, Italy, 13 April 2016. Oral presentation: "Novel Passive Sampling to Assess Stratification of Contaminants in Coastal Waters".
- 7th Annual Biogeochemistry Centre Conference, Plymouth University Marine Station, Plymouth, U.K., 16 December 2015. Oral presentation: "Vertical Distribution of Organic Contaminants in Harbour Waters Assessed by Passive Sampling".
- SEA-on-a-CHIP Summer School on the Development of Biosensors for Monitoring of Marine Contaminants, IRTA Centre, Sant Carles de la Ràpita, Tarragona, Spain, 21-25 September 2015. Practical workshop: "Passive Sampling Techniques for the Monitoring of Organic Contaminants in Seawater".
- 13th International Estuarine Biogeochemistry Symposium, Bordeaux, France, 7-10 June 2015.
- Oral presentation: "Occurrence and Fate of Pharmaceuticals After Discharge in the Garonne River".
- Poster presentation: "Verification and Validation of an Autonomous Lab-on-a-Chip Biosensor for Real Time Monitoring of Sea Contaminants".
- SETAC Europe 23rd Annual Meeting, Glasgow, U.K., 12-16 May 2013.
- Oral presentation: "Spatial Distribution of Pharmaceutical Residues after Environmental Discharge: Evaluation of Occurence and Degradation in the Gironde Estuary, France".
- Poster presentation: "Development and Application of a Focused Microwave Assisted Extraction Protocol for the Quantification of Pharmaceuticals in Solid Matrices".
- 4TH Seminar of Phd Students on Water & Health, Suez Environment, Cannes, France, June 2012. "Pharmaceutical Residue Levels in River Garonne: Upstream and Local Intake".
- 12TH European Meeting on Environmental Chemistry 2012 (EMEC), Clermont-Ferrand, France, 7-10 December 2011, "Pharmaceutical Residue Levels in River Garonne: Coverage of a Raw Wastewater Bypass Event".