The major areas of research that currently occupy the group's interest are:
- Characterisation and geochemical fate of highly branched isoprenoids (HBIs)
- Characterisation of the unresolved complex mixture (UCM or colloquially the "hump") of hydrocarbons in petroleum feedstocks and products and the environmental toxicology of petroleum hydrocarbons
- Fate of pharmaceuticals in the environment
- Fate and effect of plastics in the environment
- Characterisation and reactivity of organic nitrogen compounds
The Group's publications have been divided into those published between 1996 and the present and those published prior to 1996. We have also made many of the Group's poster presentations available for download.